Outreach is the activity of providing services to any population that might not otherwise have access to those services. A key component of outreach is that the group providing it is not stationary, but mobile; in other words, it involves meeting someone in need of an outreach service at the location where they are.
We’ve worked with Bath Preservation Trust, Bath Abbey, the Herschel Museum of Astronomy, Bath Royal Literature and Scientific Institution, University of the Third Age, Girlguiding, Scouts, and dozens of primary and secondary schools.
If you think a group may benefit from a Bath Astronomer led session then drop us a line on email@example.com. We have registered STEM Ambassadors and DBS checked amateur astronomers and can tailor sessions appropriate to your audience.
We provide workshops and activities as well as stargazing. Prior sessions have been entitled:
- Watching Space Dust;
- Rovers on Mars;
- Journey to Mars;
- What have the Astronomers ever done for us?
- Light Skies – Spectroscopy for beginners;
- Planets Beyond – discovering exoplanets;
Recent exploits have included:
- 17th January 2022 Stargazing with 18th Bath (Upper Weston) Brownies;
- 12th January 2022 Stargazing and Planispheres at Abbot Alphege Academy;
- 6th December 2021 Remote Telescopes at Hayesfield Girls School;
- 22nd November to 20th December 2021 Moongazing at the Bath Abbey.