A significant enjoyment in Astronomy comes in sharing the fascination for the Solar System and Universe with others.
Bath Astronomers support Bath Royal Literature and Scientific Institution’s workshops for children and young people. We regularly provide both workshops and observing sessions for schools, young people/youth groups such as Beavers, Brownies, Scouts and Guides as well as general public gatherings. This includes support for British Science Week and events like Star Gazing Live. Prior sessions have been entitled:
- Journey to Mars;
- What have the Astronomers ever done for us?
- Light Skies – Spectroscopy for beginners;
- Planets Beyond – discovering exoplanets;
- Building Robotic Telescopes;
- Landing on Mars;
- What’s Up in the night sky this month;
If you think a group may benefit from a Bath Astronomer led session then drop us a line on our contact page. We have registered STEM Ambassadors and DBS checked amateur astronomers and can tailor sessions appropriate to your audience.
Recent exploits have included:
- 10th October ‘Journey to Mars’ at Callicroft Primary School, Patchway, Bristol. A workshop to learn about BFR and future lives on Mars for Year 1;
- 20th June 2017 ‘Force be with you’ at Callicroft Primary School, Patchway, Bristol. A workshop on gravity and its influences on the Universe for years 5 and 6;
- 31st March 2017 Supported the Star Gazing Live evening at Hugh Sexey Middle School in Somerset organised by the school, Space Detectives and local astronomical societies. Several hundred people turned up to see the various events including the telescopes set up outside;