DIY Astro – Red light torch
6 simple steps to convert a £1 head torch from Poundland, 3 AAA batteries and a Mini Babybel cheese(original) into the must have gadget. Thanks to Marjorie for the cheese inspiration.
- Gather aforementioned items and get some scissors too;
- Unpack the torch and the cheese. Careful to keep the cheese wrapper in one piece(I failed here);
- Put the batteries in the torch and fold over the wrapper across the Babybel logo;
- Unscrew the front of the torch and place the front bezel over the wrapper;
- Cut around the bezel to give two round red discs and pop onto to the torch front (bezel still off);
- Screw the bezel back on ensuring the discs stay in place and switch on the torch.
Costs: torch £1.00, batteries 60p, cheese 30p. Total £1.90
If this is too much fun for a cloudy evening then why not buy a red light head torch from Blacks or Millets for just £5. It has 3 modes: two of white and one of red. You need to remember to click 3 times for On and once for Off.